Sunday, September 30, 2012

Peace in prison





provoked
(Image taken from here)

Behind bars,
She embraced freedom,
She found peace

Dedicated to Kiranjit Ahluwalia


Written for Haiku Heights



i comments ツ

10 Comments ♥ ツ

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my space :) Please do not spam!

Amrit Sinha said...

A brilliant contrast !!!

Anonymous said...

Funny how we can transcend our constraints...

Grace said...

An intriguing take as being behind bars does not imply freedom ~ Thanks for your visits in my blog ~

Susan Daniels said...

Beautifully said. Strong haiku.

PattiKen said...

Lovely take on the prompt. Sometimes, freedom is found on the inside. Thank you for your visits during our haiku journey. I look forward to seeing you next time.

Dulcina said...

In our world it's a pity, but it happens: some people feel freer behind bars than outside...
Well written.
:)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Moral of the story? Wherever we find ourselves, we can embrace freedom.

Seed-Free Pod

odyzz said...

I agree with MMT..its just the way you think..

Was under the clutches of Viral fever and I scribbled the last haiku within minutes ( I know its very very bad)I just wanted to complete this challenge ...
Many thanks for being a part of this amazing journey of HAIKU SEPTEMBER HEIGHTS...being a novice I tried to put in my best but I know at some or the other point I missed to hit the bull's eye and still all of you all inspired me a lot either by peeping into my space or liking my posts and of course your ever encouraging comments made me feel on the top of the world...Loads of special thanks to each one of you...September had been very exciting and a learning month for me...I know I need to improvise a lot and I shall try to do that for sure ...Thanks a lot once again...keep visiting and keep spilling your beans ..bouquets or brickbats all of them are accepted whole heartedly...

Unknown said...

Wow! Such a tragic story. You sure captured it well.

Chèvrefeuille said...

What an image ... embracing freedom.

 

Poetry - Reflection of my feelings ♥ ツ . Design By: SkinCorner Sri Valli